Specifications for Student Computers
Below are the laptop requirements for incoming students to the professional program after the Portfolio Review as students begin Studio I during the Fall semester of the Sophomore year.
- MS Office
- Adobe Creative Collection
- Different courses and studios may require additional software to be announced by instructors.
Computer specifications for Architectural Studies are different from the rest of the College of Human Environmental Sciences. Please note this before making a purchase from TigerTech at MU Bookstore. Updated: 11/2019
- Windows 10, 64bit
- Please note that newer versions of some of the software used in our courses will run only on 64-bit Windows
- Intel i7 Quad-Core Processor
- Please note that some i7 processors (i7u or i7m) are dual-core, which is not recommended.
- Intel9th/8th generation (Coffeelake) CPU is recommended
- RAM minimum 16GB recommended
- Dedicated Video Card (GPU)
- Please note that many laptops have integrated intel graphics cards and we strongly recommend laptops with a dedicated video card.
- GeForce or AMD, minimum 4GB (GPU memory) recommended
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) recommended
- A touch screen is not required
- Hard Drive minimum 500GB
- SSD Drive strongly recommended
- An external Hard Drive
- Minimum 2TB recommended
- 32GB External Flash Drive
- A mouse
If you have any further questions, contact Dr. Bimal Balakrishnan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Architectural Studies laptop policy requires every student coming into the professional program after Portfolio review to own a laptop that meets the specifications listed above.
- Depending on the nature of the course, individual faculty may enforce the laptop policy and require use of laptop in class with necessary software.
- While we recommend Windows platform, many (not all, e.g. REVIT) commonly used software are available on the Mac platform. Students may use an Apple product as long as the computer meets the technical specifications listed above. For courses requiring software that runs only on Windows, install Windows on the Mac using Bootcamp.