Specifications for Student Computers
Below are the laptop requirements for incoming students to the professional program after the Portfolio Review as students begin Studio I during the Fall semester of the Sophomore year.
- MS Office
- Adobe Photoshop CC 2017
- SketchUp Pro 2013 (MSRP US $49 per year for students. See link for more information: http://sketchup.com/buy/education-licenses)
- Different courses and studios may require additional software to be announced by instructors.
Computer specifications for Architectural Studies are different from the rest of the College of Human Environmental Sciences. Please note this before making a purchase from TigerTech at MU Bookstore.
- Windows 10, 64bit
- Please note that newer versions of some of the software used in our courses will run only on 64-bit Windows
- Intel i7 Quad Core Processor
- RAM minimum 8GB (16GB recommended)
- Hard Drive minimum 500GB
- Dedicated Video Card (GPU) minimum 2GB video RAM, 4GB (NVIDIA or AMD) recommended
- Please note that many laptops have integrated graphics cards and we recommend laptops with dedicated video card
- 32GB External Flash Drive
- 1TB External Hard Drive for Data Back Up (Recommended)
If you have any further questions, contact Dr. Bimal Balakrishnan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Architectural Studies laptop policy requires every student coming into the professional program after Portfolio review to own a laptop that meets the specifications listed above.
- Depending on the nature of the course, individual faculty may enforce the laptop policy and require use of laptop in class with necessary software.
- While we recommend Windows platform, many (not all, e.g. REVIT) commonly used software are available on the Mac platform. Students may use an Apple product as long as the computer meets the technical specifications listed above. For courses requiring software that runs only on Windows, install Windows on the Mac using Bootcamp.