About the Department of Architectural Studies
Welcome! It is a pleasure to invite you to explore the many experiences and opportunities we offer. The Department of Architectural Studies is housed in the College of Human Environmental Sciences and has a long and healthy history in educating outstanding designers. Ratings in DesignIntelligence include having one of the top ten interior design programs in the nation, two faculty being honored as "most admired educators", and our "most admired graduate interior design program…cited for its distance education program and the number of alumni who are in well-placed academic positions."
- Inspiring learning environments are places to create–using the Immersive Visualization (iLab), Building Technology Lab, Rogers Gallery, and Design Studios.
- Design with digital media is a continuing priority in undergraduate coursework and a focus in graduate degrees making a big difference in employment.
- Cutting-edge research opportunities invite undergraduate students to work with faculty PURE funding along with graduate students.
- Mentoring faculty with experiences in professional practice and research.
- Flexibility and increased access with selected online courses for undergrads and grads.
- Internships, DesignIntelligence honors to the program and faculty, endowed lectureships, travel abroad experiences, continuous interior design accreditation since it began in the 1970’s, active advisory board and more… add to the engaging experiences at Mizzou. See NEWS
- We are connecting people and place / interior design and architecture to maximize opportunities for our alumni.
- Alumni tell their story!
We are proud of our bright and engaged students and look forward to nurturing many more.
"The quality and reputation of the undergraduate Interior Design program at the University of Missouri is one of the premier professional programs in the United States… In addition, (it is) one of the only few select institutions in the world to offer a PhD..."
Quotes from an external program review panel.