Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Architectural Studies ( Job ID# 28181)Posted: Oct. 17, 2018
The Department of Architectural Studies at the University of Missouri invites applicants for a tenure-track appointment at the Assistant Professor rank with an anticipated start date of Fall 2019. We seek candidates with experience and expertise in integrating innovative design and computing in their research, teaching, and practice. The candidate is expected to bring innovative design pedagogy in design studios and lecture courses at the undergraduate level. The successful candidate is also expected to play an essential role in our graduate program, leading graduate-level courses and supervising graduate projects as well as doctoral dissertations. We encourage applicants whose scholarship falls into one of the following areas aligned with emerging departmental and campus priorities:
- Sustainability and Smart Buildings: Expertise in environmental, technical, and social systems to inform the design of high-performing buildings from a human centered perspective.
- Computational and Virtual Design: Expertise in one or more of the following areas in design computing: advanced visualization using virtual and augmented reality, Building Information Modeling, and digital fabrication.
Our program encourages interdisciplinary research, and we welcome varied theoretical and methodological perspectives. Currently, we have research collaborations with the School of Medicine, the Thompson Center for Autism, the College of Engineering and the College of Education. The candidate is expected to pursue cross- disciplinary research collaborations. More information about the Architectural Studies Department is available at http://www.arch.missouri.edu. The salary for the position is commensurate with qualifications and experience, based on a nine-month tenure-track appointment. Required qualifications for the position and details regarding application are available at http://www.arch.missouri.edu/people_positions.html. Review of candidates begins December 21, 2018, and applications received by then will receive full consideration. Further questions regarding the position may be directed to the search committee chair: Michael Goldschmidt email@example.com.
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are likewise committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence. We are an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer. To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
- PhD in Architecture, Interior Design or related-discipline at the start of tenure-track appointment.
- Ability to teach undergraduate lecture and studio courses in a CIDA accredited program, including interior design studios and other lecture courses supporting CIDA interior design program.
- Ability to pursue interdisciplinary research and supervise doctoral dissertations.
- Professional experience and teaching in interior design and/or architecture.
- Ability to develop graduate courses in computational design, augmented reality, and/or sustainability.
- Letter of interest that articulates research and teaching interests, experience, and expertise.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing samples (e.g. peer reviewed journal articles, proceedings, publications, etc.)
- Creative portfolio with examples showing design skills, including examples of student work from candidate’s courses and professional work.
- Contact information of at least 3 references who may be reached for reference or feedback about the candidate.
- Apply online at https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic
- Review of candidates will begin December 21, 2018 and applications submitted before that time will receive full consideration.