Environment and Behavior Studies
Environment-behavior research explores a variety of environments, linking them to a range of behavioral concerns. This program is suitable for persons who seek careers in research, consulting, and/or teaching in architecture, interior design, and other environmental design disciplines.
A design project leads to the MA and research leads to the MS or PhD degrees.
Emphasis areas in environment and behavior include:
- Sustainable Design
- Design Education
- Social and Cultural Bases of Design
- Place Attachment
- Environments for Learning
- History of the Designed Environment
- Analysis of Building Types
- Aesthetics of Design
- Inclusive design / Accessibility
- Environment and Aging
- Housing and Neighborhood Design
- Programming, Design and Post-Occupancy Evaluation