Below are the laptop requirements for Freshman and incoming students.
- MS Office
- Autodesk Programs (AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Studio Max)
- Adobe Creative Collection
- Different courses and studios may require additional software to be announced by instructors
Technical Specifications: Given that most software applications used in our program are graphics-heavy, we have specific technical requirements for laptops used by our students. If you buy a laptop from the Mizzou Store, please provide them with the specifications listed below.
- Windows 10, 64bit
- Please note that some software used in our courses will run only on 64-bit Windows
- Intel or AMD multi-core processor
- Minimum Quad-Core. Dual-core mobile processors are not recommended
- Dedicated Video Card (GPU)
- NVIDIA GeForce or AMD Radeon, minimum 4GB GPU memory recommended
- Please note that many laptops having integrated graphics cards cannot support many graphic programs.
- Minimum 16GB Ram
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) recommended
- A touch screen is not required
- Minimum 500GB
- SSD Drive strongly recommended
- Backup Storage
- Hard Drive, Minimum 2TB recommended
- Flash Drive, 32GB recommended
- A mouse
If you have any further questions, contact Dr. Jong Bum Kim at Kimjongb@missouri.edu.
- Architectural Studies laptop policy requires every student to own a laptop that meets the specifications listed above.
- Depending on the nature of the course, individual faculty may enforce the laptop policy and require use of laptop in class with necessary software.
- While we recommend Windows platform, many (not all, e.g. REVIT) commonly used software are available on the Mac platform. Students may use an Apple product as long as the computer meets the technical specifications listed above. For courses requiring software that runs only on Windows, install Windows on the Mac using Bootcamp.